Nana Joes Granola is a food manufacturing company based out of the Dogpatch District in San Francisco, CA. We sell our products nation wide in grocery stores, small retailers and online. All of our products are vegan, organic and certified gluten free. We are always looking for hard working folks to help grow this small business!
Last updated June 2021:
Quality Assurance Supervisor
Full Job Description
The QA Supervisor oversees the safe and quality food program at the San Francisco facility, conducts timely quality checks on production and products, approves incoming ingredients and outgoing finished products, tracks product complaints and resolves issues, and coordinates product recalls as needed. This position will report to the Operations Manager, and work closely with the management and production teams.The QA Specialist conducts routine internal audits and training to assure SQF code compliance including: GMP, Food Safe Plan, HACCP, Sanitation, Allergen Control..
As QA Supervisor you will:
- Conduct a thorough QA and Food Safety review for each specification.
- Manage vendor QA submissions for each product to ensure all necessary documentation is received.
- Provide technical guidance to vendors to assist with correct interpretation and implementation of the minimum vendor requirements.
- Support all projects by conducting technical reviews for vendor allergen validation studies and guidance on required allergen labeling.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure QA standards are upheld.
- Lead the production team through quality inspections following Good Laboratory Practices (GLP): Approve incoming raw materials and products; Approve bulk products for packing; Quality-Check manufacturing conditions, product specification, packing integrity, label compliance, and finished goods
- Develop the factory Quality Monitoring Scheme (QMS) and be responsible for laboratory and quality records in compliance with the QMS, including proper storage and retrieval.
- Be a decision-maker in areas of Product Quality and Food Safety and continuously make improvement in food safety and quality.
- Champion quality and food safety initiatives to monitor and document product, facility, and worker compliance
- Ensure all sanitation and safety guidelines are being met throughout the organization
- Oversee environmental monitoring and microbiological testing programs
- Assist plants in achieving compliance with the food safety program through training and auditing
- Organize food safety training for new company procedures and reinforce the existing procedures throughout the company
- Direct and advise customer service on complaints and technical questions
- Oversee all plant HACCP, pre-requisite quality programs, and all quality/food safety-related programs to meet regulatory and customer requirements
- Monitor compliance with FSMA rules and regulations
- Manage governmental and third-party audit programs
- Issue, review, and maintain all platform-level quality assurance documents
- Generate reports describing quality assurance activities, trends, and expenditures as well as communicate findings and action plans to necessary/appropriate parties
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Food Science, or related discipline
- Previous experience in quality assurance/food safety within a food processing environment (preferred in a $5m-$10M revenue facility)
- Experience in GFSI standards, HACCP, GMP, FDA, and working with Federal and State inspectors
- Experience with audits at the plant level
- Preferable 5+ years of full time industry experience in quality control or assurance.
- SQF certification and audit experience is preferred.
- Experience in the development or implementation of food manufacturing Food Safety Programs preferable.
Job Type: Pay commensurate with experience; job performed in person in our Dogpatch, SF facility.