Let's talk about SHORTBREAD BARS! (Recipe)
Granola is a great way to mix it up in the kitchen and put a fun twist to classic recipes. Any of our Paleo Sunrise Series granola blends can be used as a substitute for nuts or chocolate chips to transform any recipe into something stunning! For this recipe we've started with Kale Junkie's Pecan Chocolate Chip Shortbread Bars and swabbed out Pecans for our Paleo Sunrise Series; Hu Chocolate granola for a delicious, Gluten-Free, Vegan desert you will want to bookmark for later! We love making a double size batch of this incredible delicious desert to enjoy all week long or share with friends and family.
• 2 cups almond four
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• pinch sea salt
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 egg or flax egg
FOR THE TOPPING:
• 2 cups Paleo Sunrise Series: Hu Dark Chocolate
• 1/3 cup coconut oil
• 1/3 cup maple syrup
• 1/4 cup almond butter
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar
• 2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk - use the thick, white part from the top of the can
• 1/4 cup @hukitchen Dark Chocolate Gems
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the shortbread ingredients, the mixture might be crumbly!
3. Transfer the shortbread mixture to the baking dish, and use your fingers to press everything down into the parchment paper, as evenly as possible.
4. Bake for 10 minutes while you prepare the topping!
5. In a sauce pan over medium heat add coconut oil, maple syrup, nut butter, and coconut sugar, stirring frequently, and let boil for 1-2 min, then reduce to low heat and mix in the coconut milk and granola, make sure to coat everything well!
6. Add the mixture to the shortbread in an even layer and sprinkle HU Gems evenly across the top.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
8. Let cool completely and serve, or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Let us know if you make a batch of these EPIC Paleo Shortbread bars!