Recipe: No- Bake Healthy Candy Bars!
Our first time making this recipe we truly fell in love with the soft and sweet nougat texture and thought it would pair perfectly with the crunchiness of the Paleo Sunrise Series granola. We had to try it and after our first test batch we absolutely fell in love! The final product came out just like a classic candy bar but healthy, which are two phrases we love to hear in the same sentence.
This healthy candy bar recipe might seem like a lot of steps but it is actually very simple and only requires a food processer (or blender), microwave, little bit of freezer space, a loaf pan and a knife. You can eat these no-bake healthy candy bars right away, we did!, or store them in your freezer for an easy late night treat.
This recipe uses dates to keep it lightly sweet but free of refined sugars and almond flour as a gluten free binder. Feel free to sub out any nut butter in place of almond butter and just use what ever is most handy.
This recipe is paleo, vegan, and gluten free!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup Paleo Sunrise Series; Orange, Almond Butter & Pecan
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Prepare a 9 x 5 loaf pan with parchment paper for the nougat.
- To make the nougat add the almond flour, almond butter, dates, and salt to a food processor and blend until a dough has formed, add water if necessary. Press the dough into the bottom of the load pan and place in the fridge while you prepare the caramel.
- In the same food processor (no need to clean it, yay to less dishes!) add the dates, almond butter, vanilla, water and salt. Blend until creamy and caramelly.
- Remove the nougat from the fridge and carefully spread the caramel mixture in an even layer across the nougat, then a sprinkle the Paleo Sunrise Series; Orange, Almond Butter & Pecan granola on top of the caramel in an even layer.
- Place the pan in the freezer for at least an hour before cutting - this step is very important! It will be very messy if you try to cut it too early and the nougat is too soft.
- Once the bars are fully chilled remove them from the loaf pan and pull away the parchment paper. Cut into 1 inch bars, 8 in total.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until the chocolate is fully melted. Carefully dip the bars into the chocolate, coating fully. Place back on the parchment paper and place in the fridge to chill.